Visitors in May can enjoy wine tastings at four wineries on May 22 and 23.
APTOS, Calif. (April 1, 2021) – The wineries of Mt. Santa Cruz welcomes wine lovers to its 25th annual wine festival in May. The Winemakers Festival is a weekend of wine discovery, featuring more than 30 wineries in the Santa Cruz Mountains, some of which are not normally open to the public. The Winzerfest takes place on Saturday 22 May and Sunday 23 May and is by reservation only. Tickets cost $45 for one day and $80 for two days.
We are excited to welcome guests to some of our member wineries, said Keiki McKay, Executive Director of Santa Cruz Mountains Wineries. This festival will certainly be a celebration of Santa Cruz Mountain wines as we slowly emerge from the pandemic and return to (almost) normal life.
The tickets allow visitors to visit four wineries (depending on the time of day) per day. At each station, guests can sample a blend of three to five wines that are poured by expert staff who guide them through the tasting and discuss the specific production process of each wine.
The participating wineries are
- Biagio Wine Farm
- Large vineyards of the basin
- Burrell School Vineyards and Wines
- Cooper Garrod Manor Vineyards
- Dorcic family vineyards
- El Vaquero Winery
- Rancho Ferrari Vina.
- Family Vineyards at Home
- Fair wines
- Vineyards of the Royal Mountain
- Embraced by the tears of angels
- Wines from the Lester estate.
- Eden Vineyards
- Vineyard Muns
- Nicholson Vineyards
- Portola Vineyards
- Ridge Vineyards
- Rudon-Smith Wine Estate
- Silver Mountain Vineyards
- Thomas Fogarty’s winery and vineyards
- Vidovic Vineyards
- Windy Oaks Vineyards and Wineries
- Woodside Vineyards
- Wright’s Vineyard and Winery
The Sip Safely rules are in place to protect the health and safety of all guests. The experience is by reservation only, and guests choose a weekend adventure when they purchase their ticket. All reservations are made through the Santa Cruz Mountains reservation system as part of the ticket process. Customers may choose up to four (4) stops per day. Reservations are made at the same time each day at each of the participating wineries.
- The safety of the syrups is respected at all times.
- The group size is limited to six (6) people.
- Reservations/attendance cannot be combined in advance or on the day of the event at the winery.
- All tickets in the group must be purchased together in one transaction. For example, a group of four people (two pairs) will need to designate one person to purchase all four tickets in one transaction.
- Each winery has a limited capacity, so reservations will fill up quickly. It is therefore advisable to book early, especially for large groups (4-6 people).
- Wine deals will be posted on winesofthesantacruzmountains.com as they become available. Customers should look at the winery’s offerings and have a good idea of their first, second and third choices when they start buying their ticket.
- There are no same-day ticket sales, and the presale ends on the 21st. May.
For more information, contact Wines of the Santa Cruz Mountains at (831) 685-8463 or visit www.winesofthesantacruzmountains.com.
About the Santa Cruz Mountain Winery Association
Overlooking the famous Silicon Valley, the Santa Cruz Mountains are a high-tech wine region. This 60-mile region along the California coast is characterized by its high altitude vineyards and unique location at the confluence of the mountains, the Pacific coast and San Francisco Bay. This combination of steep slopes, mountain ranges and refreshing ocean influences creates a mosaic of microclimates that allows the more than 300 producers and wineries in the region to produce outstanding wines ranging from sun-drenched Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot to cool-climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and more. Since most of these wineries are small, family-owned operations with limited distribution, the best way to experience the wines of the Santa Cruz Mountains is to visit. Visitors can easily reach the region’s many wineries and tasting rooms from nearby San Jose or San Francisco. In contrast to these large cities, the Santa Cruz Mountains are a bucolic region characterized by charming small towns and an independent spirit that welcomes those with a penchant for the unusual. For more information, see www.winesofthesantacruzmountains.com.
2020 mountain winery lineup,mountain winery events,mountain winery concert schedule 2019,winery concerts california,mountain view winery ca,saratoga winery events,Privacy settings,How Search works,Mountain Winery,Winery in Santa Clara County, California,Mountain View Winery ca