2021 Creation of the Board of Directors of the Alliance du vin de Paso Robles
12. JANUARY 2021 (Paso Robles, CA) It was announced today that the Beckett family, founders and owners of Peachy Canyon Winery, have been named 2020 Personality of the Year in the wine industry. This award, presented by the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance (PRWCA), is given annually to an individual or individuals who embody the spirit of Paso Robles Wine Country through outstanding leadership, vision and management. This award is normally presented at the annual PRWCA gala, which will not be held this year due to restrictions on large gatherings. Instead, the Beckett family, which includes Doug and Nancy Beckett, Jake Beckett and Josh Beckett, will be honored on the upcoming Where Wine Leads podcast, as well as an episode of the weekly Paso Wine Zoom Hangouts. A personal celebration in honor of the Beckett family will be held in the future when a larger gathering can be held.
We want to thank the Paso Robles Country Wine Alliance, its members and partners for recognizing the Beckett family and our commitment to promoting Paso Robles Country, said Doug and Nancy Beckett, founders of Peachy Canyon Winery. Together, we sincerely appreciate this honor.
Nancy and Doug Beckett moved to Paso Robles in 1982 in search of a life in the country. In 1984, Doug’s love of wine led him to join Tobias Winery in winemaking with Pat Wheeler. In 1988, Doug and Nancy opened a winery in Peach Canyon. Over the years, Peachy Canyon Winery has evolved into a multinational retail brand, carrying the name American Viticultural Area (AVA) Paso Robles in many markets nationally and internationally.
Thank you to all the members of the Paso wine community. My family and I are grateful to be a part of something special. We will carry this special recognition as part of who we are for generations to come. Cheers, says Josh Beckett, winemaker and head of winemaking. Jake Beckett, CEO, said: It’s a great honor. I am humbled and grateful to be a part of this community.
Brothers Josh and Jake Beckett returned to the family business after college, Josh in 1998 and Jake in 2000. Josh began making wine under the family brand, while Jake tended a tractor in the vineyard and went on to make Peachy Canyon Winery a national brand. In 2008, Josh and Jake co-founded their winery Chronic Cellars. In 2010, they left Peach Canyon to devote themselves full time to Chronic Cellars. Their success was soon recognized and led WX Brands to purchase Chronic Cellars. The timing was unexpected when Doug decided he was ready to retire and his sons returned to take the reins in April 2019. Jake Beckett is now CEO of Peachy Canyon, and Josh has returned to his former role as winemaker and vineyard manager.
The Beckett family is involved in both the local community and the larger wine industry. Doug and Nancy Beckett dedicate themselves to the arts at Paso Robles. Both serve on the Board of Directors and support the Paso Robles Youth Art Foundation (PRYAF). Nancy has served as PRYAF President in the past and is still actively involved in the leadership of PRYAF. Doug and Nancy are also major sponsors and supporters of Cancer Support Community – Central Coast California. Doug, Josh and Jake serve on the Board of Directors of Zinfandel Advocates & Producers, an organization that promotes and protects California’s historic grape variety.
The annual Paso Robles Wine Industry Personality of the Year Award is presented by the members of the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance. Members include wineries, vineyards and related businesses. The PRWCA Board of Directors is the nominating body for this annual award, which was established in 1990.
The formation of Alliance 2021’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee and the honoring of outgoing board members were also announced today. The new Board of Directors of the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance consists of the following members (in alphabetical order)
- Molly Scott – President, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
- Tyler Russell is the vice president of Cordant Nell.
- Randy Heinzen – Treasurer, Vineyard Professional Services (VPS) and Coakley Vineyard
- Austin Hope – Secretary, Triana and Hope Family Wines.
- Chloé Asso-Fabre – Director of the L’Aventure cellar
- Josh Beckett is the manager of Peach Canyon Winery.
- Chris Cherry – Director, Villa Creek Cellars.
- Noreen Martin – Director, Martin Resorts
- Faith Wells is the head of FedEx.
Malani Anderson of Turley Cellars, Sarah Kramer of Umpqua Bank and Jason Haas of Tablas Creek Vineyard are stepping down from the Board of Directors. Chloe Asseo-Fabre of L’Aventure, Chris Cherry of Villa Creek Cellars and Noreen Martin of Martin Resorts recently joined the board. Changes to the Board of Directors include Molly Scott of JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery as President, Tyler Russell of Cordant | Nell and Past President becomes Vice President and Randy Heinzen of VPS & Coakley Vineyard becomes Treasurer.
ABOUT THE UNION OF PASO ROBLES WINE PRODUCING COUNTRIES
The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance is the official sales and marketing organization representing the wineries, farms and businesses of the Paso Robles American Wine Country. Paso Robles Wine Country, located between San Francisco and Los Angeles on California’s central coast, includes more than 40,000 acres of vineyards and 200 wineries. For more information, visit pasowine.com. Facebook – @PasoRoblesWine, Instagram and Twitter – @Pasowine, #pasowine.
paso robles hotels,paso robles wineries,paso robles inn,paso robles wine tasting tours,paso robles wine tasting coupons,paso robles winery list,paso robles winery map 2020,wine tasting paso robles covid,family owned wineries in paso robles,sevenfifty daily,southern glazer's wine and spirits,law wine estates,wine spectator paso robles,best years for paso robles wines,paso robles red blend,best gsm wines in paso robles,law estate wines reviews