Rioja has been named wine of the year No. 1 wine of the year.
New York, NY (December 11, 2020) – The wine columnist, one of the world’s leading wine specialists, today announced that the Murrita Rioja Castillo Yigaiga Grand Reserva Espécial 2010 is the wine of the year 2020. The full list of the top 10 is now available at top100.winespectator.com.
Marques de Murrieta is one of the founders of a wine cellar in Rioja, the most important wine region in Spain. It was founded in the 1850s and is now owned by Vicente Dalmau Sebrian-Sagarriga, who spent almost a quarter of a century and more than $30 million on the restoration and improvement of the estate and its wines. Castilla Igai is the flagship of the Murriet bottling plant. Source: Parcel of 98 hectares planted in 1950, which was planted only with the best varieties. The vintage 2010 is the best in La Rioja since the beginning of this century. This wine is an excellent example of traditional Rioja style and should be drunk well for decades. This Rioja also shows how tradition and innovation can go hand in hand to produce excellent wines.
After the Marquis de Murrita Rioja Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial 2010 (96 points, 139 dollars, 7,500 boxes), Wine Spectator’s Top 10 2020 wines :
- Aubert | Pinot Noir Beach Sonoma UV Vineyard 2018 | 95 Note | $85 | 993 cases of Sonoma, California
- San Filippo | Brunello di Montalcino Le Lucerre 2015 | 97 estimated | $90 | 1,300 completed cases | Tuscany, Italy
- Mayacamas | Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Leader 2016 | 96 Rankings | $135 | 1,600 Closed | Napa Valley, California
- Domaine de la Vieille Julienne | Châteauneuf-du-Pape Les Trois Sources 2016 | 96 points | $90 | 2,000 cases made | South Rhone, France
- Kistler | Chardonnay Russian River Valley Wine Hill Vineyard 2017 | 96 Valuation | $90 | 1,979 Closed cases | Sonoma, California
- Massolino | Barolo 2016 | 95 score | $53 | 5,800 completed cases | Piedmont, Italy
- Bodega Piedra Negra | Chacayes Los Chacayes 2015 | 96 estimated | $99 | 3,000 completed cases | Uco Valley, Argentina
- Beaux Frères | Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge The Beaux Frères Vineyard 2018 | 95 Note | $95 | 3,088 Closed files | Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Bollinger | Champagne Grand Annea 2012 | 97 Rating | $175 | 850 Imported Champagne | Champagne, France
Through blind tastings by the editors of Wine Spectator, these 100 bottles were selected from more than 15,000 wines. The selection is based on four criteria: Quality (as represented by sorting), value (as represented by price), availability (based on the number of cases produced or imported in the US) and, most importantly, the X factor are all compelling elements behind the wine.
This year’s list ranges from promising labels and regions to traditional wineries that innovate, says Thomas Matthews, editor of Wine Spectator. Throughout 2020, the state of the wine has remained strong, dynamic and stable. We are pleased to present this year’s top 100 wines and to introduce our readers to the pleasures of these wines.
It is also possible to participate in the Wine Spectator Top 100 draw, where visitors have the chance to win a bottle of each of the top 10 wines on this year’s list.
The complete list of the Top 100 will be published on the 14th. December on top100.winespectator.com and from 21. December in the December issue of the magazine available on kiosks.
About Wine Spectator
The Wine Spectator is the world’s largest wine expert. Under the umbrella of Wine Spectator magazine, a print publication that reaches some 3 million readers worldwide, the brand also includes the most comprehensive wine website (WineSpectator.com), mobile platforms and a series of branded events. The Wine Spectator explores the world of wine from vine to table, studies the role of wine in modern culture and offers expert reviews of more than 15,000 wines a year. Parent company M. Shanken Communications, Inc. also publishes Cigar Aficionado, Whisky Advocate, Market Watch, Shanken News Daily and Shanken’s Impact Newsletter.
los carneros american viticultural area,seven fifty wine,crimson wine group,foley family wines,treasury wine estates